Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Movie Is A Movie

So Ji-sub and Kang Ji-hwan pose on press day (August 12) for upcoming movie A Movie Is A Movie (directed by Jang Hoon for Kim Ki-duk Films).

This is Kang Ji-hwan’s big-screen debut — the two actors are the same age, but Kang explains, “When I debuted, So Ji-sub was already a big star, so I felt a strong sense of rivalry with him. With the two characters being antagonists in the film itself, and considering that on location we would be co-lead actors more than friends, it would be a lie to say I didn’t feel any rivalry.”

He explains that this is because he’d felt a burden when first finding out he’d be acting opposite So Ji-sub. “I was playing the role of the star actor, but when we first met, I could feel that he was more star-like. But as we filmed, every time a scene ended I’d look on the monitor and get the sense of how dignified he was. I’ve worked in various projects with many senior actors and teachers, but this is the first time I’ve felt that dignified feeling from a colleague.”

So Ji-sub likewise praised his co-star, saying, “When we first met, I felt a little awkward, but Kang Ji-hwan treated me well, even occasionally bringing me drinks of ginseng and honey that he’d mixed himself. He’s a very detailed and subtle person.” Kang returned, laughingly, that it was a habit that arose after working with lots of female co-stars and looking after them: “In an action film, we need to take good care of our bodies, and your co-star’s condition has to be the best for you to act well.”

In the movie, Kang’s character is a spoiled, famous actor who hits his co-star for real while filming (presumably by accident), sending him to the hospital. In the waiting room, he meets a gangster (So), kicking off the story between the two. So’s character is brought onto the film as an actor with the requirement that he fight for real in the action scenes.

The movie opens September 11.

Source : http://www.dramabeans.com/tag/so-ji-sub/

1 comment:

1minutefilmreview said...

Interesting, would like to watch it :)